Thursday, July 5, 2007

There goes my baby...

June 25 thru 27 2007 supposed to be a “fun and easy” day for me since my company was shutting down operations for 3 days. Nothing to worry about since the shut down was meant to conduct some stock counting activities as well as wear and tear stuff.

BUT, late Monday evening the whole family, myself, called abah, my wife and 4 kids were heading towards my in laws in Perak before finally drove to Banting, S’gor. I need to sent my eldest daughter, Zulaikha or sometimes her siblings called kak Long or Lolo to
pursue her studies in what people called IB…very-very difficult to pronounce…

I slept for 4 hours and woke up at 2.00 am early Tuesday. After a lot of uh and ah from the kids, we drove all the way towards Banting. We stopped over at Sg. Buloh slightly after 6.00 am for a quick touch up and Subuh prayer. By the time we reached R&R Dengkil, it was almost 7.05 am. We need to rush up with the breakfast since my brother, called Pak Jang is waiting for us initially at Nilai Toll. I called him and knowing that I was at Dengkil, he instructed us to exit via KLIA toll and met him there.

We reached KMB around 7.55 am and by the time we entered the compound it was already crowded by cars. The registration went smoothly with only students were alllowed to do it themselves. As for parents, breakfast was provided and also ample place for us to lepak-lepak while getting to know other parents. I met and talked to few parents all over Malaysia. There was one parent all the way from Felda Kulai sending his son for BioTech under Felda scholarship. Another parent from KL sending his son for Medic. Also met ex-coleague, Bahari driving all the way from Penang sending his son for Actuarial Sciences.

We moved to dorm D219 ( I think so ) , luckily they provided a small 1 tonner lorry to transport students' belonging. Otherwise, myself will be drown in sweat carrying bags and boxes for about 600 m away. They didn't allow cars to be driven into dormitory compound which I thought a good idea. Otherwise, it will be a heck of jam... The room is very cute and obviously better than her previous SBP. I'm sure she will settle down wihout much hassle...hopefully ya LoLo..

After briefing by KMB on what is IB all about..standard la...High level la..bla bla...felt asleep few times.. we had lunch at canteen. The food were not so bad..especially ikan keli goreng sambal. Everybody belasah Ikan Keli except me..I don't eat ikan sungai...but salted ikan sungai I belasah...

Finally at 1.30 pm, we left KMB with half of our heart left behind... So long LoLo..study hard and chase your dream as high as you can...You are what you want to be..